
This was my first Lynn Austin book and I do recommend it. I loved the character of Alice. She is a librarian. And we all know that I love books. In one of the very first scenes of the book Alice reads a book during a funeral. I can so see myself doing that. I will admit that I have read during church, so pushing the boundaries to a funeral wouldn't be unimaginable (now don't go judging me; I work the night shift and I was nearly nodding off during the pastor's sermon; I had to find something to do to keep me awake). I also enjoyed the historical look at the Pack Horse Librarian program that was created as a part of the Works Progress Administration under President Roosevelt's New Deal Initiative. It's amazing how we take simple things like a library for granted. I would love to see Lynn Austin write a follow up to this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment